CAPTIONING SERVICES COMPANY
>> Professional captioning services made simple
What’s your message? In today’s global business environment, the key is making sure that your words are understood. Whether your project requires realtime or offline closed captions, web captioning, transcription or translation, you’ve come to the right spot. Metro Captions continually leads the way as a world-renowned provider of captioning services.
Our flawless reputation for reliability and precision makes our work on your projects stand out time after time. How do we do it? Take a look:
- If your project requires realtime closed captioning services, our captioners have a remarkable 99.9% accuracy rate with up to 250 words per minute for live broadcasts.
- Our broadcast closed captions for prerecorded or post production can be delivered in any type of format you need – .scc, .cap, .asc, .ult, .onl, .pac, and .stl, just to name a few. We also specialize in both Pop On and Roll Up captioning.
- Our expertise in both multimedia localization and production enables us to provide you with a dialect-specific finished product that will be properly suited for every target audience – no matter where they are in the world.
- As specialists in realtime and offline web video captioning services, we provide SEO-friendly captioning for web-based media such as YouTube, as well as on-demand captioning for such services as iTunes and Netflix. We also provide Flash-based captioning for JW Player or Hulu. Our caption files are always clear, concise and meet all FCC requirements.
- If you’re a producer, we can even provide you with caption files that will allow you to be hands-on and in control.
A misunderstood message can hurt your company and your brand. When you work with us, we’ll make sure your words are understood. Every time.
When Apple reached out to us in need of Spanish captioning for an employee training video, we were excited to take on their project. Not only did we transcribe and translate the text, but we also provided our exceptional captioning services. As you can see in the video to the left, we used a black background behind left-justified white text to make the titles really stand out. The result: a 100% accurate translation in an easy-to-read format.
TWO STYLES OF BROADCAST CAPTIONING: >>ROLL-UP VS >>POP-ON
Roll-up captioning is most commonly used for all live programming, as well as in the rare instances when a post-production broadcast program has only one speaker. Roll-up captioning typically does not include sound effect description or speaker identification. Our roll-up closed captioning service ensure complete accuracy in captions that never cover the important elements displayed on the screen. All of our captions are carefully timed and will display two to three lines at a time, depending on the elements on the screen.
As their name suggests, pop-on captions ‘pop’ on and off the screen, one caption at a time. Each caption typically consists of two to three lines, and should include sound effect descriptions and speaker identification. Pop-on captions are used for pre-recorded programs with multiple speakers (which is generally the case).
At Metro, we take great care in the placement of our captions to ensure proper flow and comprehension, without disrupting the visuals of the program.
At Metro, we’ve been captioning all types of productions for nearly two decades, including – most recently – webcasting. Precision, timeliness and visual appeal are what we strive for – and achieve – 100% of the time, which is why we’re the most respected broadcast closed captioning company in the industry.
How does Metro Captions make sure your captions (realtime and offline) are done accurately, precisely, and on time every time?
Only the best captioners – we are not just any broadcast closed captioning company! All of our captioners are specially trained and are well versed in industry-standard equipment to produce nearly perfection captions.
No matter the scope, we’ll handle it – regardless of the complexity of your project (from picking up live broadcast signals from across the globe to providing captions to multiple encoders simultaneously), Metro’s proven our flexibility and proficiency in delivering, 100% of the time.
Each project is assigned a project manager – our caption services are led by trained project manager who is available all day, any day, to ensure your caption project is completed to your needs and expectations.
Metro provided us complete translation and subtitling for a 10 language project – no other broadcast closed captioning company could provide that – THEY ROCK!Mike Lewis